Visit to McCarthy's Hometown...........Kenny Mayne

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

UW safety decides not to play pro ball


Stellmacher going in different direction
Article by Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal

Each spring, a handful of draft-eligible players inform National Football League teams that their careers are over. Wisconsin's Joe Stellmacher is one of them this year.
"That is correct," Stellmacher said. "People have called me crazy and criticized me, but I'm not going to have any regrets. I just thought I had my time, had my fun and I was ready to move on in my life."
Stellmacher, the Badgers' strong safety in 2005 and '06, made honorable mention all-Big Ten Conference and finished second on the team in tackles each year. He had 200 tackles in a five-year career that began as a walk-on.
Read More here:

No comments: