Visit to McCarthy's Hometown...........Kenny Mayne

Friday, May 23, 2008

Former Packer Schroeder Signs With Pack, Then Retires






















Former Green Bay Packers receiver Bill Schroeder signed a one-day contract with the team Thursday and then promptly retired.

Schroeder, a Sheboygan native and graduate of UW-La Crosse, played five of his eight seasons with the Packers. He caught 225 passes for 3,435 yards and 20 touchdowns in 74 games from 1997-2001.

"It was a great privilege to have played for the Packers for the majority of my NFL career," Schroeder said in a statement. "I am honored that the Green Bay Packers have allowed me to end my playing days as a member of one of the greatest franchises in professional sports. I look forward to my continued relationship with the team and helping them and the community in any way possible."

Schroeder also played two seasons with the Detroit Lions before playing his final season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2004.

No comments: