Visit to McCarthy's Hometown...........Kenny Mayne

Monday, June 2, 2008

Briscoe takes Milwaukee Mile
















It's amazing what can happen in a week. Take for example Ryan Briscoe. Last week he became famous after crashing into Danica Patrick on pit row at the Indy 500. A week later he was in victory lane in West Allis at the Milwaukee Mile.

Briscoe maneuvered his way through an amazing crash sending one car airborne in Milwaukee. "All of a sudden I'm seeing smoke in front of me and I'm seeing cars flying. I think I would have been in tears if I would have been hit."

Briscoe went on to say, "since Indy and the incident . . . the one thing I always said was I wanted to put it in the past and move on. There's no better way to do that than win here on the following weekend."

Briscoe became the 15th Indy-car driver to win for Team Penske, the second of them after the four-time Indy winner Mears (June 1978) to collect his first at the Mile.

Briscoe also gave the team its 300th victory in all forms of racing.

No comments: